HostGator and GoDaddy are two of the most popular webhosting companies today. With that said, they are usually the preferred hosting providers for most people who are getting their websites up for the first time. If you have a website that you want to be hosted on a reliable server, these two companies should be on top of your choices. If you are confused which company offers the better services, this simple review pitting HostGator vs GoDaddy should be able to help you out. We are going to look into important factors like server speed, response time, reliability, disk space, and customer support.
1) Speed Test – Speed is one of the most important things that you need to consider in choosing a web host. If the servers of a web host aren’t fast enough, then your website will suffer the consequences. This can turn off a lot of visitors. A lot of speed tests have been done to compare the speeds of HostGator and GoDaddy. In most cases, HostGator comes out on top as the clear winner. A website hosted by GoDaddy usually loads within 1.60 seconds. A website hosted by HostGator loads at least five times faster than GoDaddy.
Featured: Godaddy Renewal Coupon 2017
2) Response Time – Comparing HostGator vs GoDaddy won’t be complete without testing their response times. The response time is the length of time that a server takes to respond to a function that has been activated on a hosted website. Needless to say, the response time should be adequate so that website visitors won’t get frustrated and leave the website. When put to the test in a span of 30 days, HostGator showed that it has a faster response time than GoDaddy. This is because it is more consistent in keeping their servers running smoothly.
3) Reliability – The big question here is this: Does the host deliver exactly what it advertises? The best way to measure this factor is to look at the amount of negative feedback being sent to the web host. GoDaddy is well-known for getting a lot of flak through the years because of their undelivered promises. HostGator, on the other hand, is more reliable in the sense that there are much fewer people complaining about their services. Satisfied customers mean that the company is doing its job and is delivering its promises.
4) Disk Space – HostGator is the clear winner in this department because the company offers unlimited disk space in all of their webhosting plans. This means that whatever plan you get, you have access to unlimited disk space. On the other hand, GoDaddy offers unlimited disk space only to plans that are above their basic hosting plan. Their entry level basic plan is limited to 100 GB disk space.
5) Customer Support – When it comes to customer service and support, HostGator and GoDaddy are on equal terms. Both companies offer 24/7 support that can be accessed either via email, phone, or live chat. All of these support alternatives are available in all the hosting plans of both companies.
It’s clear that if we pit HostGator vs GoDaddy, HostGator emerges as the winner because it has faster servers, better response time, it’s more reliable, and has better disk space. If we are to rate the two companies based on a five-star scale, HostGator would get a five-star rating while GoDaddy will get a four-star rating. In conclusion, if you are to choose the better company, then you should choose HostGator.